Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Single Life...

Well, Miner finally comes home from Alaska on Monday. It will be good to have him home. He has been gone for three weeks! I have been home with the kids, here are two conversations I have had with Sierra in the last two days. They can kind of explain what it has been like for me.

Me: "We don't use our toothbrushes to comb our hair!"
Sierra: "I just needed to get my hair a little wet."
Me: "Where did you get the water?"
Sierra: "It's not water. I just used my mouth."

And also this gem that came about yesterday...

Me: "Why didn't you tell me you had a dirty diaper?"
Sierra: "Because...(giggles) pooping in my diaper is my new favorite thing. I hide in Daddy's office and nobody can smell me!!"

Yup. And there is my life in a nutshell...Miner I hope you get home soon!

5 comments:

Becky said...

"Because...(giggles) pooping in my diaper is my new favorite thing. I hide in Daddy's office and nobody can smell me!!"

Oh my gosh! Hilarious!

Becca Hatch said...

Sounds like Miner misses out on all the fun! They will both be in for a surprise when he comes home, and Sierra realizes she isn't alone anymore in his office, and he realizes his office REEKS!

Rusty and Collette said...

I am laughing so hard I am crying. I just called Rusty and read it to him and he is laughing too! At least you have Sierra to entertain you while Miner is away.

Jessica said...

I am so sick of poopy diapers! But don't they just make you laugh all day? Inbetween there are a few times I want to gouge my eyeballs out with a fondue fork. But for the most part, I just laugh and smile at her all day.

Kimberly said...

Ezri found a 'secret favorite pooping spot' too. Why can't they at least poop the diaper in the bathroom?