Sunday, October 19, 2008
Potty Training Anyone?
I can not handle potty training! I am totally dying. I have tried everything (sticker charts, prizes, begging and pleading, two weeks of intense potty work, games, you name it!). My sister is training her two year olds and my three year old REFUSES to potty train. I can barely get her to sit on the potty. I bought her her own little potty, got her all excited about it, she peed in it twice and now has completely stopped peeing on the potty all together. I think she is holding it in when I sit her on the potty and then immediately pees her pullup or diaper as soon as I get it on her...What am I doing wrong? I have tried and tried not to yell at her or get frustrated with her--in fact, I have been very nice, but I am ready to not be nice anymore and just lose it every time! I am also thinking about just putting her in panties and cleaning up after her for the next few days and seeing if that triggers any potty sitting time!?! I mean, she is THREE! How old is too old? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Just forget it for a couple of weeks. Give both of you a little break for a minute. I guess it won't REALLY be a break for you since you will still be changing her diapers, but I promise that your stress is palpable to her even though you think you are being nice. Which I'm sure you are. I was so frustrated with Kate, so I just let it go for a while, and one day she woke up and said, "I'm potty trained today," and lo and behold, she was.
I'm telling you, just pee your pants once in front of her ...
Ezri still isn't trained for #2 very well, and I don't think I have the nerve to crap my own pants for training purposes ...
I don't believe in potty training anymore! Bribes, pleading, threatening, I tried it all. I got some excellent advise to just stop potty training. Put her big girl underwear in a drawer and tell her when she is ready to go to the bathroom on the potty she can wear them. Let it be her decision and one day she will just do it. I never thought it would be possible with Hank but it was so easy when it was his idea. I also don't believe in pull-ups-it's too much like a diaper and when she is really ready she won't want anything that even resembles a diaper. Good luck! I feel your pain but I promise it will be over soon. Oh, and don't worry about how old other kids are when they get potty trained, who cares? Every kid has there own time table.
Villette was doing the same thing about 6 months ago. I finally told her she could not have anymore diapers except at night night time. We went about 1 week with many many accidents, but then she figured the whole thing out. She was very stubborn about it, so I decided I had to be more stubborn than her even if it meant more accidents for me to clean up.
Hi Susie! So in my short years of motherhood I have learned (the hard way) that until it clicks in the sweet little minds whatever you do will be a waste of time. Wyatt was trained before he was two, but Bubba is three and just finally got into the groove. I had done everything and one day - he said I think I will go in the potty! He hasn't had an accident! I am telling ya - something just "clicks" in their heads! Just be patient - she will get it sooner than you think! Love your blog! Darling family!
I'm the wrong person to ask but I know potty training is something I'll dread. My sis in law did chocolate??
Im not good at this either but Hallie was two when I started trying and the first time I tried she had no interest in it at all so I stopped trying for awhile and then about a month later I planned a couple days where I knew I was just going to be staying home and I put big girl undies on her and made her go to the potty every hour. And after two days of that she was trained. I know all kids are different but I would just put the undies on her and see how it goes. Maybe she will really like them.
I get ged up as well. I have heard about taking the break tactic. It seems to have its truths because during the week while am working at the motel, I am not as consistant with her. On the weekend with Devin and I as a joint effort she does better.
I too feel like pullups are too much like diapers, and that telling her cinderella will cry if she poops and pees on her does no good.
Just enjoy the freedom that diapers give you! Yes, I mean it...once they're in panties you will be racing for bathrooms every time you try to go to Wal-mart, and road trips are so scary! Ah, the circle of life....just when you get the kids raised, you need Depends. love you.
Post a Comment