Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I think I'm in trouble...you be the judge.

Since it is election season, I thought I would hold a little vote of my own. I think I have trouble on my hands, but you be the judge.

When Sierra was about three months old I had her sitting on my bed and I had the Today show on TV. Nick Lachey just happened to be the musical performing act on the show that day. As Katie Couric and Matt Lauer were introducing him they said, "...and here is NICK LACHEY!!" And my tiny baby litterally squealed with delight! I beleive her exact words at that moment were, "WHOOOWHEEE!"

Fast Forward a few years, Sierra is about 10 months and we are flying to Alaska. In the seat next to me is a little boy about 11 or 12 years old. He is going to a snowboarding camp in Alaska and he is attempting to listen to his headphones. I say attempting, because Sierra is desperately trying to get him to notice her. She is smiling and baby talking and staring deeply into his eyes. When he finally does turn his head away, she places her hand deliberately on his arm and leans way over so that she can put her face directly in front of him. If she could have spoken, I beleive her words would have been, "HELLOOOO, I am right here!!"

Fast Forward into the future a little farther...Sierra is now three and we are in Las Vegas to visit my sister Erica and her new twins. As we drive down the strip, I am pointing out various landmarks to Sierra saying, "Look, there is the stratosphere, see how tall it is..." And from the backseat in I get her reply, " YES! VEGAS HERE US COME!!!"

And finally just this morning I get this gem...I am getting Sierra dressed and I put some pink and purple striped tights on under her denim skirt. She ran in to show her dad her new striped tights. I happened to say, "Those tights are just like dancers tights!" And she looked and me and said, "No Mom, I not going to be a dancer. I'm going to be a rock star!!"

So Ladies and Gentleman, I think the polls are showing strongly against me. The teenage years...I can only imagine!

6 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

You were in trouble the day she was born- don't act like you never met YOURSELF. I'm just saying...

And you turned out a-okay, so don't get too stressed out. So what? If she ever becomes famous, then goes a little nutty, then shaves her head and whacks a car with an umbrella- I will totally be there for you and only sell my story to the Enquirer for LARGE amounts of money.

Erica said...

Becca said exactly what I was thinking! Sierra is you in miniature form. I can't wait to see you next week! WOOHOO!!!

Rusty and Collette said...

I think my first sentence was "I'm going to be a moobie star", so there is still plenty of time for her to settle into some other boring profession like Accounting or Economics!

Shauni said...

Yep Suz I think you're in trouble! Can't say you don't deserve it! :)

Sara said...

When Tyler was three he wanted to be a bull rider and a team roper with Papa. At least a rock star isn't physically dangerous. Now Tyler just wants to be a skate boarder and a pro video game player (can we thank Mrs. Spriggs for that yet?) I'd give Sierra a few more years to settle in on what she really wants to do with herself.

Jessica said...

I was going to say what Shauni said. Too bad you guys donn't live a bit closer because the girls would have so much fun. Maren is such a preformer and LOVES music. Then again, if we lived closer, we would really be in trouble. :) can't wait to see you and your girls next week.