Well, I have hit an all new low in self-esteem this morning! Mom, if you are reading this you may want to skip it, because I am about to share "too much information." I was looking in the mirror plucking some stray eyebrow hair, when I look down... I have a small mole on the lower left side of my face. Now, I have never really thought about having it removed, because I actually kind of like it. I have always thought of it as my "Cindy Crawford Trademark" if you will...So, I am looking in the mirror and HOLY CRAP there are two long dark hairs growing out of this now disgusting growth on the side of my face!! I immediately begin frantically plucking every hair on my body!! And how long have I been going around with this??? And no one has ever even said anything to me!! I am so horrified. I may never show my face in public again! Now, all I can think about is how gross I am, and that it has to be a sign of aging when what I used to think of as a kind of beauty mark was actually telling me I am a wicked old witch!! How incredibly depressing!
P.S. I am totally having it removed!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
It's ok Suz. I have a large mole on the side of my face too. I always kind of liked it until a few weeks ago when Mom said, "You should have that removed before it gets any bigger." I totally know how you feel, I've been plucking my mole hair for years.
I would say how disgusting but I am laughing too hard! I was going to say something about it yesterday...ha.ha.ha. just kidding--I can't get very close to you because of your breath. more laughter. Looks like somebody needs to get the NADS hair removal system-maybe for your birthday??
Susie, I don't know about you but I always grow and exceptionally large amount of facial hair while I am pregnant...so it is possible that previously your mole didn't grow hair and it only is hairy now because you are pregnant. The facial hair goes away, but the mole will probably continue to grow hair, so I would probably have it removed. Too bad Dr. Simbari doesn't work anymore!!!
I already have an appointment with Dr. Edgar Allen, dermatologist extraordinaire!! I pretty much have a standing appointment with the good Doctor!
Think 80's movie of Buffy the vampire slayer... "EWW that big hairy mole? I had that thing removed!"
If Ol' Edgar can't get rid of it. My dermo is a butcher and he'll basically cut a hole in your face, but it will be gone.
where's the picture?
It must be a Judd thing. I had one of those monsters...it was removed years ago, and I haven't missed it once. I did laugh at your expense!
Have you seen Uncle Buck? "Here's a quarter...go find a rat to knaw that thing off your face!"
I have a mole on my face, too, and I used to have hair on it. I think plucking it all through high school stunted the hair growing part of the mole. It doesn't sprout any new friends anymore :).
Well, I would say I am sorry for you,and will still love you regardless. but I have some serious hair issues of my own. No, I really do feel bad for any woman who has to deal with any sort of facial hair.
It is so embaressing. I know they reccomend you wait to have laser or electrolysis(sp) after you are done having kids, but I am not sure I can wait.
Especially since I saw a glimpse of what I may look like in 35 years. The old woman with the white whiskers!
My hormones are ragging... it is so sad. Well, I don't look like the poor woman who works at the gas station who has a 5 o'clock shadow, and if I had the guts I would offer her free waxing until she could afford something different. But still...it sucks!
also,is the derrm sure that if he removes the mole, the hair will cease to grow?
Call me I miss you. Oh, so does shauni. We were talking about you this weekend.
What movie is that where someone calls Fred Savage Hairmole? That's your name!
Post a Comment