Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And There IS a Time to Dance!

So anyway, if you will remember our mailbox got knocked down by a snowplow several weeks ago (refer to earlier post for pictures), and when I called the city to report it, they said sorry we don't pay for mailboxes. Well, this is not just some plastic piece that you shove in a 5 gallon bucket of cement. We actually paid to have a nice stone mailbox built and it was quite expensive, so I told the man down at the city that wasn't going to fly for me. He told me well, "you can go petition the city counsel." So last Wednesday, Miner and I got to go down to city hall for the old town meetin'. And literally, all I could think about was that scene in Footloose where Kevin Bacon quotes the Bible...and then they tell him he can't have his prom within city limits, so they all have to cross the tracks to have a dance... Well, the wellsville city counsel was A LOT like that, and they still told us they weren't going to pay for our mailbox!! So here's to you Kevin Bacon, I still love your movies, and they feel much more relevant to my life now!



Consequently, on another topic, for those of you who aren't following the Judd Ranch Blog, my baby sister, Erica just found out she is having TWINS! So Congratulations Erica and Landon! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm glad it's you and not me! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

I believe it's Ecclesiastes that says, "a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to dance, a time to pay for my damn mailbox." It worked for Kevin Bacon so maybe you should give it a try. Do you want me to shoot some footage down at the Lehi Roller Mills for you? It could be very moving, and I have sweet moves, and my hair is kind of like Kevin's lately. Or maybe the chick he took to the dance.