Friday, March 21, 2008

An Easter Slump?!?

I think I am in an Easter slump...I just don't have that much going on. I would love to say I have something really exciting to write, but the most exciting thing I have done is order 101 Dalmations and the Little Mermaid from the Disney Movie Club! Miner is planning a "boys only" weekend to St. George, and I have to admit, I am totally jealous! I think I need a "girls only" weekend! Let me know if there are any takers out there.

Rose and I took our kids to the Target photo center to get some Easter pictures taken...let's just say it was a fiasco! Also, let's say that the girl taking the pictures was entirely unhelpful, and next time I will just go spend the money for Kiddie Kandids! Rose and I were totally wiped out afterward and sweaty!! Kids were all bawling, hungry, and tired, except for Jack he had finished bawling and was just sitting there glassy eyed in a total "I've had it" stupor!! I wish I could say the pictures were so worth it, but after we waited FOREVER, the kids just looked kind of pissed! And quite frankly, so did Rose and I! I just can't understand why, as a mother, you get this unnatural urge to go have your kids pictures taken? But we have all experienced this, because we all have those pictures of us as kids dressed up and posed and looking just plain pissed!! HA HA HA! And I don't know why I expect that this time it will be different, this time they will not make me wait 2 hours, this time the girl behind the camera will be an actual professional, this time the smile will be REAL, and afterward I will be so proud and not sweaty....note to self...this does not occur in the real world.

3 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

Amen to that little sister, I took two Excedrin when we got home. There is nothing worse than squatting down in a 102 degree room with a screaming little boy and having to say, "Smile for mama, come on' boy, give mama a big cheeser." The whole time all I could think was that I probably have BO from all of the sweating and cussing under my breath. Like we said before, TG for Smarties and TG that that lady behind us left her toys in there for Jack...we could have had mass casualties. There is no forgiveness for incompetence.

Jessica said...

But ladies, remember in 20 years those pics will be the favorite.

I will come to cache cache calley for a girls weekend if you plan it. Rose has to be invited.
I miss you!

Becca Hatch said...

I find it is better just to go to Kiddie Kandids. Go on a Tuesday morning- it's the slowest day. You pay a premium but if you make an appointment you are in and out. Since Grandma Hatch just sent matching dresses for the girls, I too will be making such a pilgrimage. I'm crossing my fingers that no one gets a goose egg or cuts their own hair in the next 48 hours.