
So at Christmas time, Miner decided he was going to grow "The Christmas Beard" and he was going to continue the growth until after the New Year when he went back to Alaska. The picture you see here is the final product. When he got back from Alaska he decided it was time to shave the beard, but since he never has really been one for facial hair he wanted to try out some other "looks..."

"
The Goatee"
"The Fu Man Chu"
(ok, this was pretty funny!)
Let's just say these looks didn't make the cut! I am happy to announce Miner is back to his regular old face now and doesn't he look good! He is now the Miner we have all come to know and love. But don't worry all you facial hair fans out there, he did say the Christmas Beard was going to be a tradition he planned on continuing so look out Christmas 2008!

Meanwhile, we decided it was time for Sierra to get her own "Big Girl Bed" and so we bought her a new twin bed. It's really cute in her room and she LOVES it. She sleeps in it and likes it! She has been really good. It is so hard to see her grow up sometimes, but it is also so neat to see her get excited about being a big kid. I have to say, I love that little girl so much, she is just the best.
"Having a drink of juice in bed"
"Couldn't be more happy"
And finally, CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW MUCH SNOW WE HAVE HAD! Because I can't! Of course, I would get pregnant and not be able to snowboard the year that we have the most incredible snow! These pictures are of the snow outside our house, there are about 5-6 more inches predicted to fall in the next couple of days, too! I love Utah!

So the snowplow hit our mailbox and knocked it over...and then the city told me they weren't going to pay for it. Luckily, I have a Miner to take care of the situation. Husbands are so handy like that. First, Miner had to dig it out, though, because it was completely buried with snow!


Here's me. Again, LOOK HOW MUCH SNOW WE HAVE!

So anyway, that is my picture update. I just love my house and my family, we have so much fun. I just wanted you all to know I am one of those lucky people who just has this happy life. Maybe we don't have it all, but we have it pretty good. If it snows like this next year, when I am able to snowboard again...then I will have it all!
7 comments:
Susie!
That is SO much snow! We have been getting an inch, then it melts.
I think Miner made a good decision when he didn't keep that mustache thing--
It sounds like you are doing great! Love ya so much.
Cousin Ashley
I liked the Fu Man Chu, although I must say that he does not look like the Miner I know with it... maybe more Travis Tritt. I am so jealous of the snow. All we are getting here is stinking rain... I hate the stinking rain and I wish that it would quit or start snowing.
I also think that Sierra's slightly scared face in the fu man chu picture is hilarious!
Dang I miss the snow! Since November 26th, we've had only 12 days without rain and five of those days were record breaking cold. The weatherman now forecasts sun-breaks; rain is a given. Now that the Christmas Bead is gone do we get to look forward to the Midsummer Mustache?
Laughed so hard at Miner's facial hair...I loved your post about the Biggest Loser and the man boobs. Kate is equally mystified at the weigh ins. However, she also caught me coming our of the shower soon after Maggie was born and asked, "Why do your boobs hang down like that?" Ouch. xoxo Becca
Devin just shaved off his Christmas beard, and I'll have to admit I liked it. It had just gotten soft. It didn't feel like I was bleeding after he had leaned in for a quick peck.
I showed the pictures to devin and he got a kick out of them. He thought it was a great idea to document the process of shaving and wishes he would have done it. Last year he did do a big 70's moustache and I laughed my head off. But it was gone a couple hours later. No pictures.
Devin said Moner's Fu Man Chu is a flared Fu Man.
Look at your baby on her big girl bed! She is so cute and such a big girl.
OK, I thought we had a lot of snow!
I hope to be a grownup and live in a home that I love someday soon.
Love the Fu Man Chu! Miner actually looks good with a beard.
Post a Comment