Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh Great...Now You've Ruined Thanksgiving...

I just spent an hour writing a new post for my blog and when I went to publish it, my computer timed out, and I lost all but the title of the blog...dang it!! It was a "two crier", too. It had a lot of good stuff in there and I wish you all could have read it. You are now going to get the very short version....

Mostly what I wanted to say is that I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. I was given the opportunity to travel to China this year and that trip taught me a lot about what it means to be grateful. I never realized how privileged we are to be living in a country where we go about our lives feeling, safe and comfortable. We travel with ease. We work jobs we want to work. We see our kids after school. We own businesses and homes. We drive cars. We have families as large or as small as we choose. There are so many things we do and enjoy that we take for granted. I am so grateful for a family that loves me and supports me. They are so FUN to be around. I look forward to family parties. I know who my Aunts/Uncles and cousins are and we spend time together and keep in touch with each other. So many families do not enjoy a relationship like we do. I feel so lucky and so blessed. I am so grateful for good friends. You all know who you are out there. Every time we get together it seems like no time has passed since we last saw each other. That is such a special feeling, to be so close. You all mean so much to me. It is so nice to know that people enjoy your company and want you around. I feel the same way about all of you. Thank you.

I think the point I want to get across is that this Thanksgiving I am just going to be grateful. Grateful for my life. Grateful for the opportunity I have to be happy and loved in this life. I realized how much I have and how very little I need. I hope you are all healthy and happy this holiday. And I pray that all of you have something in your lives as special as I do. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I too am thankful for friends, especially you. I wish we could see each other more often.