Moving along, the holidays were really fun. We had my whole family together, Erica and Landon came from Oregon and it was so fun to see them! We played lots of Quiddler and Settlers! Rusty and Collette came from Oregon, too. We spent New Year's with them and they came and stayed at our house and went skiing with Miner. It was so good to see them. I want you all to know I am getting pretty tired of people going skiing without me...that is one real bummer about being pregnant!
I am finally feeling better. I wanted to at least feel better by Christmas and I actually did, so I got everything I wanted for Christmas. The baby is coming along, I get to have my ultrasound in a couple of weeks to find out if it is a boy or a girl. I am pretty excited about that.
Sierra LOVED Christmas! She was so cute. I just can't even explain it. I did realize one thing I did that was pretty dumb though, I didn't get one picture of us opening our Christmas presents. We did video Sierra opening, but no pictures! Can you believe it?!? But Sierra's just loved everything she opened, even the clothes! She has wished me Merry Christmas every single day since Christmas, and has been thinking of things she wants for next Christmas...we may have created a monster! I think she will still be wishing everyone Merry Christmas in June!
Sierra opening presents on Christmas Eve.
We have gotten lots of snow at our house. We have just been loving it. Sierra has a book that I read her, and in the book the kids catch snowflakes on their tongues. So every time it snows she comes into my room in the morning and says, "Mom, SNOW!" And she sticks her tongue out and that means she wants to go outside and catch snowflakes on her tongue! It is so cute. Miner pulled her around on her sleigh this morning. She had fun, but she came in the house and said, "TOO COLD, MOM!" Then she told me she wanted a "boat sleigh" for next christmas. I am assuming that means she wants a bigger sleigh like the neighbor kids had. Sometimes I don't think I get the full meaning of the things she tells me, but I try to interpret as best as I can. She actually speaks pretty well, once you get used to how she says the words, but when she tries to tell you something new, it is always trial and error...
(listed in order of importance)
1. Boygirl Miner
2. Baby Jaguar Miner
3. Scooby Miner
4. Movie Miner
5. Shamus Miner (this was the only name Sierra liked from the book, and I read it out loud as a joke, but she looked at me and said, "YES! MAMA!")
5. Diego Miner
I told Miner that I was glad Sierra did not have the final say...but maybe something will grow on us...so be prepared all you Shamus fans!!



5 comments:
Sierra is hilarious! I can't wait to hear what you are having! And I am so glad you finally updated the 'ol blog..it's about time!
Shamus huh? Well maybe it's better than Cole... maybe not... It was so fun being in Utah this Holiday. We hope to see you in Oregon sometime this spring!
Okay, when you were telling me about the names she liked I thought that you said, Boobie Miner, not Movie Miner.... you know, because she just found out that EVERYBODY has boobies. Sorry, but boobie is way funnier than movie. Oh, and I'm not sure if boobie is spelled with a y or an ie (just for all of the spellers out there).
hi guys! this is jackie and james. I didn't know that you guys were going to have another baby... congrats! ezra loves scooby doo and calls him doo doo. so have you thought about that? doo doo miner sounds good. i can't believe that sierra is so big. hope you all are doing well.
boobie is great too!
Post a Comment