Wednesday, August 19, 2009

P-rades and School Days...


Catching Candy!

Lilly and Papa


I took this picture just yesterday. Sierra and her friends holding hands walking across our backyard to the neighbors. These girls are just such good friends and they play together so cute. It just makes me smile to see them together.
Well, this is my second post today, but I figured I had more to say. I just wanted to post some pics of the Summit County Fair parade. I just love the fair. It is one of my favorite summer traditions. We always watch the parade and then go to the rodeo. I love getting to catch the candy and the parade with my girls. It is so fun to watch them with their giant grocery sacks of candy. They get so excited. Lilly was so funny, she was fearless. She wanted to pet the ponys and she would put her hand up and wave at all the rodeo princesses. It was a good fair this year. I think it was the first time in my life I have ever worn a jacket at the parade though! I thought it was going to rain, but we didn't even have a drop. The rodeo was really good this year, too. I always enjoy that this time of year.
Secondly, I would like to announce that I have been accepted to USU, again. I will be going back to school this fall. For those of you who are worried about me going back to college let me say this in my defense. I think I shall go to class more this time around, and party a bit less......
No wisecracks about my GPA either, Rose!!!! You know why!!!! I am pretty excited actually. I am going to finish some prerequisite classes I need so I can apply to the nursing program. Yep, folks, I am really going to make something of myself someday. Truthfully, I am a little nervous. I don't really know what I was thinking, because I have signed Sierra up for preschool, dance, and tumbling classes...and they are all at the same time I am supposed to be going to class. I think I can work it all out. I have some rides already put together, and hopefully Miner will commit to pick up the slack. I just have to figure out what to do when Miner is traveling....I haven't gotten that far yet, wish me luck!!



3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Susie! I am totally impressed by your ambition. The thoughts of going back to school make me want to vomit! You will do great.

Rusty and Collette said...

School? Yeah! Well, just be sure to have a graduation party or maybe a "I got into nursing school" party, so we can come and support you.

Becca Hatch said...

I think you will do great! What kind of nurse do you want to be? And your GPA couldn't have been TOO terrible- they let you back in right? Or are you on some sort of probation?