My Sierra just LOVES to do art projects. My mom loves teaching art. What do you get when two trains collide??? Art day at Nannie's house, of course! We had so much fun. A few days ago, my mom had Sierra, Lilly, Tyler, Brook, and Chris over to her house to have an art day. Sierra couldn't have been more thrilled. She is such a cute artist. She works so hard at her pictures. My mom had all kinds of fun paint and glitter and paint brushes to use. The kids really were cute. As you can see, even Lilly got into it. She was a little mad at me, because I was trying to not let her paint her clothes, skin, hair...you name it, and that is what she really would have liked painting the most. Also, she decided she really needed a big drink of the paint water, and I didn't think that was the greatest idea either....It was otherwise a giant success.
Ever since art day at Nannie's, Sierra has had to write letters to all her friends and invite them to her Art Show, "Saturday Noon." That's what she tells me to write. And Nannie's Glitter is apparently the best glitter, because Sierra has been telling me to write "Nannie's Glitter" on the grocery shopping list so I don't forget to buy some for her. But the best thing she has said, she just said yesterday. This is how our conversation went...
Sierra: "Mom, do we have any glitter like Nannie's Glitter?"
Me: "No."
Sierra: "I KNOW!!!! We can make our own glitter!!!"
Me: "I don't know how to make glitter."
Sierra: "I do. First you add 4 cups of sugar. Then you add some sprinkles..."
Me: "Sprinkles and sugar...got it."
Sierra: "...and then you slowly stir in milk, water, and juice!!! It is very simple and easy!!!"
Me: "Yup. Probably."
Good old Glitter. If any of you decide to try out this recipe, let me know how it turns out...I'd be very interested.



No comments:
Post a Comment