Well, I would have been blogging, but I have been really busy. I did want to mention some fun things we have been doing. June 4th, my sweet Lilly turned 1 year old. I have to say, she is just the best kid. I love her so much. She is so smart. She is walking and learning sign language, and when she laughs...I promise there is nothing better in the world. I truly have the best kids. They make me smile all the time.
Sierra dressed up in her pink tutu and her dancing slippers and got her pink pom poms out just the other day. She was so cute. I could hear her in her room doing her "cheers" and when I really got listening to what she was saying I realized she was cheering, "TIE HER UP! TIE HER UP! TIE HER UP!"...oh well...I guess we can't win them all!
We took our kids to Oregon to see our good friends Rusty and Collette graduate from college. It was so fun. Even the 14 hours to and from weren't too bad. Rusty and Collette had our entire weekend filled with events. And we just had the best time. We also got to stop by and visit with our good friends Barbara and Judy, who were our neighbors in when we lived in Oregon. They were doing so good, and their daughter Jessica was also graduating college and she was there and it was so wonderful to know they are just doing so well and to get to see them! There is just a special place in my heart for Oregon and the people I know and love there.
I turned 32 on the 24th....I had just recently had a conversation with Sierra about how people die when they get old, and so, not thinking I said,"Congratulations to me, I'm OLD!!" Well, of course Sierra burst into tears, because she didn't want me to be old..."AND DIE!!" But, lucky for me, I'm not quite that old, yet....My friend Becky says that since 30 is the new 20, I actually only turned 22. And that is the age I will give when you ask me how old I am...
I took my kids to the zoo. That is one of my favorite summer activities. My sister Sara and her kids were there and my Mom and Dad brought Jack and Lachlan. It was fun. Kids just love the zoo. Even Lilly loved the animals, she really loved the Monkeys, the cats, the elephants, and the bears. I thought the Giraffe would be more exciting especially because it stuck it's head right up to her, but she wasn't thrilled about that.
Sierra loves animals. She said the elephants and the giraffes were her favorite. We also had fun talking like King Julian, the ring tail lemur from Madagascar!! He is my favorite, but Sierra was a little miffed that the real ring tail lemur at the zoo didn't actually SAY anything. She said she likes "talking animals" the best...I guess that means cartoon animals are better than anything that the crappy old zoo had, but she had a good time at the zoo anyway.
We have been doing swimming lessons the last two weeks. It has been so fun. Sierra is a pretty good swimmer! She even goes under the water. She LOVES her teacher, but she did inform me that next year she hopes she gets a boy teacher...those of you who follow my blog know how scared I am for the teen years!! Lilly LOVES swimming! She is a little fish. She kicks her legs and dunks her face under and giggles the whole time!! I have never seen a kid who likes to go under water, but she doesn't even care. When we get to the pool she gets so excited and claps her hands! I am telling you, I have cute kids!
Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of June! It is just flying by!! I expect that I will probably be doing the same kind of post for July!! Hope you are enjoying your summer. Cheers!



3 comments:
So busy! But it looks like you are having a fun summer. I'm excited to see you all this Sat.
and...Happy Birthday! Stop lying and saying you're younger! Tell people you are older, then they say, "Wow! You look great!" I've been saying I'm 40 for years.
Happy birthday to you and Lilly!! Looks like a fabulous June, can't wait to see July :)!
Suzie & Justin, Thank you so much for making the effort to come race, and have lunch at Grandma's. It was so good to see you both, and enjoy your two darling girls. Just 3 more girls, and you can match Uncle Larry and I. You look great. Hope to see you again soon. Auntie R
Post a Comment