Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dancing Queens and Washing Machines...

First thing first...If any of you guys reading this blog need a washer and dryer, I have one to give away to a good home. They are nice decent machines in good running condition. I gave them to Rose to use when she got into her new laundry room, but now that she has a new laundry room, she decided to go ahead and just get new machines...so first come first served. Leave me a comment if you want them and I could possibly deliver them to you, if you don't live too far away. If nobody wants them I am going to put an ad in the paper and sell them, so speak now or forever hold you peace.

On to other news, Sierra has been learning spanish from her cartoons and recently she told me she had learned how to say thank you in spanish. I said, "Oh, Gracias!" and she said, "No mom, Gassy-ass!" I have tried to correct her by repeating the word to her correctly, but it hasn't caught on, so...you know. Tonight we had this conversation.

Sierra: "Mom, Lilly just broke this." (hands me wet, mangled toy.)
Me: "It's no big deal. I think I can fix that."
Sierra: "Oh, Great! Gassy-ass Mom."

Here are some more spanish words Sierra knows:

Bicycle: Babaganoosh (that is what is sounds like when she says it, I swear!)
Hello: OH, LA!! (you have to do it as if you were singing it...)
Climb up: Yoob-ay, Yoob-ay, Yoob-ay (also in a sing song voice and you must be marching on your sofa)
Red: rojo, but sometimes ro-ho-ho.

Someday, Sierra will visit Mexico and be terribly disappointed that all hispanic people don't dance around singing "OH LA, OH LA!", saving wild animals, and riding around on their babaganoosh.

Also, I have to write that Lilly has learned to dance! She has a little music table and she can really get that thing rockin'! She is so dang cute, seriously! Recently, Sierra formed a band in which she plays the drums, I play the tuba, Miner plays the guitar, and Aunt Erica plays the violin...so maybe when Lilly gets old enough, she can join our band.

That's all I've got for tonight...peace.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ezri says 'yooobay' too. I have mixed feelings about her picking up words from the shows, though. She gets frustrated when I don't know what she is saying, "NO! I'm saying sheushuea! You know, mom, sheusheusu Sheeeahshoues! Ugh, you can't understand ... "
(maybe thank you in Chinese?) I don't think she distinguishes that it's different languages.
I hope we can visit sometime this summer and laugh at each other's kids.

Amy Bateman said...

I might need a washer and dryer!

However, I don't know how soon. Is there an expiration date on your offer?

Sara said...

Sierra makes me laugh so hard!

EmilyBateman said...

This is Emily Bateman (Zach's wife). We are planning on moving into an apartment with washer/dryer hookups before our baby is born in June. If the washer and dryer are still available we would love to have them.