Thursday, August 28, 2008

Four days....One pair of undies...

Well, I just wanted to thank my Mom and Dad for letting me crash and trash at their house this weekend. For those of you who don't know...a word of advice, just follow your premonitions. Friday, my Dad called and said, "Why don't you come spend the night and go to our ward breakfast in the morning." And I had a feeling like I should just stay in Logan, but I couldn't help thinking, "MMMM...PANCAKES!"

So I figured WHY NOT!!! Then I had a feeling like I should drive my Pathfinder down, but I figured I might as well take Miner's truck (even though it hadn't been driving all that well lately) because I had the dog...so, I loaded the kids and all the crap and the dog in the truck. And then I thought, I should take some extra clothes just in case. But then I thought, that was just more crap I would have to haul, so I didn't...and the truck broke down on my way to my parents house, OF COURSE!

So I left the truck in Morgan and called my mom to come get me and the kids. The dealership had to order a part in and it didn't come until MONDAY...so now, my overnight trip turned into a three night trip.

Luckily, I have great in-laws. Bonnie and Roger drove up to my parents house and picked up the dog, so I didn't have to deal with him all weekend. (Thank you so much for that, I owe you guys big time! You can both add it to my tab!)

The breakfast WAS really good. They had very yummy ham and pancakes! And I did get to spend the weekend visiting with Sara and that is always fun...and I did play cards with my Dad and Go-Go. I am pretty sure my Dad cheated since he won by, like, a hundred points!

Now, you might think my story would end here, but you would be wrong. On Monday, I went to pick up my truck and I got to the dealership and everything was ready to go. So we unloaded the car seats and the crap and the kids from my mom's car and loaded them up in the truck. We said good-bye and my mom began driving away. I start up my truck, and the check engine light comes back on. I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE FROM THE PARKING SPACE!!! So, I jump out and flag my mom down, and go back in the dealership...it turns out my truck is still broken...so we unload all the stuff and the kids and load it back in my mom's car...and I have to wear the same pair of underwear for one more night...I know TMI, but hey, no one is forcing you to read the my blog!

So let me just reiterate, if you have a premonition to bring extra clothes on an overnight trip, you should probably bring 'em....consider yourself warned.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

See, ALWAYS follow your gut feeling! ALWAYS! NO MATTER how weird it may sound! I had to learn it the hard way by working here at the Bates Motel.
What a pain in the ass! Cars are such a pain. And you my, dear are hilarious as always! Who hasn't been forced to wear the same underwear for and extra day, or go comando?

Jessica said...

I was just reading your side posts about things you never thought you would say and cracking up!! Captain Carlos! Guardian of good eating and junk foods wost enemy!

I think to myself about 20 times a day at least. I can't beleive what I just said. And what devin and I say to each other around or to Maren. wow!

Becky said...

You could have washed them! Sicko! ;)

Becca Hatch said...

Sorry to hear about your forced panty repeats. However, I'm with you and I find that most things CAN be fixed with a plate of pancakes.

WesnKt said...

Susie,
You have not changed, you are still crackin' me up just like in the old days at NSHS. I love to look @ your blog. You have beautiful little girls. I wish you all the best!
Love,
Katie
PS. Tell your sisters I need some twin advice! :)

Lucky 7s said...

Congrats - though late - on your cute, darling addition to the Miner fam. Collette and Rusty showed me her picture when we were there last weekend - moving Rick. We'll be in Logan next week for the marathon.. maybe we'll see you??!!

The Teloford Trio said...

WOW!!I cant beleive I came across your blog. Your girls are cute as ever. Sounds like you made an extended visit to good old Coalville. It is great to drop you a comment. You can find me at
telfordstrio.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon

Shandra