Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Poor Little Lilly!

Poor Lilly! She had a double ear infection so the Doctor gave her some antibiotics. Well, the antibiotics gave her terrible diarrhea which in turn gave her the WORST diaper rash! It is so sad. If I even walk toward the changing table she starts to cry. Her bum is all blistered and the skin is peeling off!!! I have to keep giving her the antibiotics, and I have to keep changing her diaper, but I can tell it just hurts so BAD!! I feel so bad for her!! It has been going on for a couple of days now. I have a special cream I am putting on it to see if I can get it healed up faster, and I am giving her some probiotics to help with the diarrhea... so we will see how it goes the next couple of days... It is so hard for me, because I know she isn't feeling good and is hurting and I can't do anything for her! It makes me just feel terrible!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Aw, that sucks! I hope she feels better soon!

Becca Hatch said...

Get out your blow dryer, and every time you change her blow her bottom with cool air. It heals a lot faster if it's 100% dry before you put on any creams. My girls were both prone to diaper rash. Also, a quick soak in a baking soda bath a couple of times a day really helps. Good luck!

Becky said...

SAD! Good thing you didn't come to Krista's baby shower though! Everyone got RSV from Mia! And now Ella's sickness gave her an ear infection! :(