Monday, January 12, 2009

What have we been doing? It's all here, baby!!

Dude, so I haven't posted for a while. I don't know why everyone gets there panties in a wad when I haven't posted in a while, truly my life is not that interesting, people!! However, we did have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I mostly have been cleaning my house everyday since!! But I did get to go snowboarding a couple of times and it was, seriously, awesome. I love to just get out there and go! Sierra has been just plugging away with the potty training. Everyone told me that she would just do it when it was her time and, ya know, they everyone was right. She is even sleeping in her bed and staying dry all night! I am just so proud of her! AND BIG NEWS HERE... Lillian just learned to clap TODAY!! She just is so proud of herself. I was playing around with her today and she just started doing it! It is so so cute! I know I always say this, but she is THE HAPPIEST baby! She just rolls around all over the place. I don't think it will be too long before she starts crawling or scooting around, because she just has this look in her eye. There is just nothing in the world like watching your babies learn. It is the most incredible thing. Sierra learned a new phrase this week too. She said, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!" and it was the correct context and everything! It was so funny, I don't know where she heard it, but we were sitting at the breakfast table and I told her to pass me the syrup and that was her response! Miner and I burst out laughing because we had never heard her say that before!

Now let me just take a moment and say something that has been on my mind...

Oh gas station food...why are you so tasty? Oh crumb donettes...why to you call my name? Why can't I walk away from your deliciousness and your crumby goodness? Frito-lay what do you put in a frito that makes it more delicious than any other corn chip? Oh, rice krispie treats...in all your marshmellow glory! Oh, sweet, sweet big pink cookie how does your frosting stay so soft when I know you have been sitting there for so long? Oh, wonderful junk food, I love you so!!!

Peace out.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I feel your pain with the junk food: hot tamales, pink cookies, and Bugles. Yum.

I'm glad you are doing well. Maybe next Sierra can learn, "Stop, drop, and roll!" That's a favorite around here.

Jeff and Rose said...

There is only ONE man who can rival your passion for the gas station food. Oh, the days of you and Landon Darley sharing a pack of Zingers at the Conoco...t'wil always bring a smile to this old broad's face.

On the other side of the coin, I often wonder how we can be "exactly the same" and yet so different--as I have a great fear of all food cooked in a gas station. Perhaps it is because you were never on the "preparation" side of said food. And of course, there is the dreaded "double meat" episode of roadtrip Montana. As you will remember, not really served to me at a gas station...but probably should have been. Oh, and that one particularly truthful episode of the Simpsons when they take a microscopic view of the hotdogs rolling on the heater. Whoo-ee.

Which brings me to a phrase I will never forget, "just take a Gas-X, and you will just have one big fart rather than be farting all day long." You told me that years ago and I wondered why you knew so much about it...hum. And you KNOW you said that...ha.ha.ha.ha.